2024 02 15 Clover Leaf Plugs
News
15 February 2024

Clover leaf plugs pose electrical dangers

Category: Home safety

Experts are urging people to check their electrical devices for ‘clover leaf’ shaped plugs, warning that they can cause fires or electric shocks.

Read more
A tumble dryer - original photo by Mike King www.flickr.com/photos/chestermikeuk/
News
5 January 2024

Do you know how to maintain and use your tumble dryer safely?

Category: Home safety

Tumble dryers are a useful addition to any household, but do you know how to use them safely?

Read more
Heating Graphic Thumbnail
News
8 December 2023

Vulnerable tenant's home made warm again thanks to team effort

Category: Home safety

Thanks to a great team effort, we've managed to restore central heating to the home of one of our tenants who is particularly vulnerable.

Read more
Gas Safety
News
23 November 2023

Red Kite Home Safety Team secures court orders for overdue gas inspections

Category: Home safety

Repeated lack of cooperation from two of our tenants meant we had no other option but to pursue legal action to ensure their homes and lives are safe.

Read more
Lithium Batteries
News
19 September 2023

Understanding the dangers of lithium batteries

Category: Home safety

Lithium batteries are widely used in mobile phones and DIY tools, as well as larger equipment such as electric bikes and e-scooters - but they can be a fire risk.

Read more
Gasringburner Steveselwood Flickr BYNCSA2 400
News
23 January 2023

Don't be fooled by dangerous meter scams

Category: Home safety

Tampering with a gas meter or supply is both illegal and highly dangerous.

Read more
Fire
News
22 October 2018

Family were lucky to escape fire alive

Category: Home safety

The dangers of tampering with electrics became a terrifying reality for one family who were lucky to escape with their lives after their home was destroyed by fire.

Read more
Gas Safety
Blogs
29 January 2016

Disparity in how we approach gas safety

Category: Home safety

These days, gas safety is a subject that we all prioritise - but are we doing enough?

Read more
Gas Safety
News
26 November 2014

Gas safety saves lives: Carbon monoxide detectors fitted in all Red Kite homes

Category: Home safety

After a yearlong safety campaign, more than 11,000 free carbon monoxide detectors have been fitted in the homes that we manage.

Read more