Anyone who lives in one of our homes can apply to join our Compliance Group.
If you're interested in joining, we'd love to hear from you.
- You'll be holding staff and our contractors to account against the things they've promised to do
- You'll be reviewing and challenging how our compliance contractors are doing when it comes to standard of work, cost and tenant satisfaction
- Consider matters such as how we measure performance and tenant feedback
- Help the business to get the best value for money from the services we provide
- Help us to think of different and improved ways of doing things, and set the vision for the future
- Support us to ensure that contractual requirements, agreed standards and appropriate tenant expectations are delivered
- Act as a scrutiny panel and challenge areas where improvement is required
- Help to set the strategic direction and vision for the service
- Influence and contribute to relevant decision making so that our tenants' views are integral to how we do things.
Level of commitment: Low
The group will meet at least four times each year. Meetings will be held at a location and time that suits the needs of the group. Meetings can consist of site visits or tours, or formal meetings which will be minuted. Sometimes meetings will take place virtually.
Skills you'll need
- Great at working as part of a team
- Confidence to speak in a group
- Passionate about people and our tenant-led approach.
How we'll support you
- You'll be supported by a member of our friendly Resident & Community Engagement team
- You'll receive comprehensive training.
We sometimes work virtually, using email and video calls to engage with our tenants. This means that you'll need access to the internet and a device, such as a computer or tablet, to meet with us and our network of tenant volunteers.
We know that not everyone has the equipment or confidence to use digital technology. We can provide support, including training and even access to devices to ensure that you can help to shape our organisation from the comfort of your home. Please don't hesitate to speak to us if you have any questions or concerns. You can reach us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01494 476209.
What you'll get out of it
- Build your skills - you'll receive training and experience
- Working as part of a team.
What our current volunteers say
"I'm part of the Compliance Group because I want to ensure compliance are able to keep their success rate of 100%"
A message from us
"It's a pleasure to work with the volunteers, we truly value their contributions, passion, and dedication."
If you're interested in joining our Compliance Group, fill in our simple online form and we'll get back to you soon.