Our Starting Blocks fund exists to help those who need money quickly; throughout the year, ‘Starting Blocks’ grants (up to £2,000) are able to be quickly granted via an internal panel consisting of Red Kite tenants and one member of our Resident Representative Team (RRT).
These are challenging times and we know that it's more important than ever for us to continue to provide grant funding to those making a positive impact locally. We'd love for you to be part of making a positive difference in the community. As a tenant, you can give your views on the applications and provide feedback that will directly influence where our community funding is allocated.
This is a remote panel which means you’ll be able to do this from the comfort of your home.
Level of commitment: Medium
This is an opportunity with no formal meetings. Starting Block applications are received throughout the year and we ask that members of the e-Panel read the applications and return their views and comments to the Community Investment Specialist within five working days of receiving the application.
Skills you'll need
- A passion to make a difference in the community
- Knowledge of the local area
- Basic maths.
How we'll support you
- We'll support you to develop your skills and knowledge through a variety of training opportunities
- We'll give you regular feedback to help you be as effective as possible on the group
- We'll listen to your views and make sure we build them into the changes we make.
What you'll get out of it
You'll be making a difference to the community and improving the lives of others
- You'll be able to visit the projects that we fund and see for
- yourself what impact the grant has made
- Learn about fantastic projects in your community
- Develop your skills and improve your CV
- Training and support to develop your talents
- Working as part of a team
- Making a difference to the Red Kite community
- A sense of purpose from the work you carry out.
If you're interested in joining our Starting Blocks e-Panel, fill in our simple online form and we'll get back to you soon.