Repairs to leasehold homes
As the landlord, we are responsible for certain repairs and maintenance, while you are responsible for others.
Your lease gives full details about repairs and maintenance but you can use the information below for quick reference.
Windows and doors
As a leaseholder, you are responsible for the repair of any doors to your home. Most leases make the leaseholder responsible for window frames on your home, but some make us responsible. Please check your lease for confirmation of responsibility.
We will repair:
- Communal entrance doors
- Communal window frames
- Broken glass.
As a leaseholder you are responsible for the replacement of broken glass on:
- Windows to individual flats (damage could be claimed under an insurance policy)
Individual flat doors.
- We will repair any broken glass on communal windows and doors.
As a leaseholder you are responsible for all plumbing repairs inside your home. Examples include:
- Repairing or replacing bath, basin, or sink taps, a toilet waste pipe, trap, fittings etc
- Repairing burst or leaking water pipes inside your home
- Repairing or replacing the water storage tank
- Clearing internal blockages to sink, basin, toilet pan and baths.
As the freeholder we are responsible for all plumbing repairs to the structure of the building and common areas. Examples include:
- Clearing blockages
- Repairing leaks in the main soil stack
- Repairing leaking rainwater pipes and gutters
- Electrical repairs.
As a leaseholder you are responsible for all electrical repairs inside your home. Examples include:
- Repairs to all fuses (excluding SSE mains)
- Renewal of consumer units and fuse board
- Renewal or repair of fittings
- Repairs to individual door bells.
As the freeholder we are responsible for all electrical repairs to the structure of the building and common areas. Examples include:
- Communal rewiring
- Renewal or repair of communal fittings
- Repairs to communal door entry systems including equipment within flats
- Shared fixtures and fittings - for example, door entry phones.