Home checks are a chance for us to meet with you and make sure everything is OK and you're happy in your home and with your tenancy.
You can tell us about repairs or improvements that might be needed and we'll make sure your home is safe, secure and being maintained. It's also a great opportunity for you to ask questions and for us to share details of other services we offer that might be of interest, such as practical or financial help.
- First of all, we'll ask to see some ID to confirm your identity
- We'll then ask you to give us a tour of your home and garden too if you have one
- We'll ask you some questions and then you'll have the opportunity to ask us some questions
- We'll discuss any repairs or improvements that are needed, and we'll make a note of any special features such as adaptations
- If you've updated your mobile number or email address, we'll take these details as well to make sure your record is up to date
- We'll also let you know about other services that you can access, which may be relevant to your circumstances - such as practical or financial help.
If you can't make it, let us know and we'll rearrange. If you've called several times to rearrange, we'll set a date in which you must allow us access. If you don't, we may have to take legal action. We want to keep everyone happy in their homes, but we also have a job to do. When you signed your tenancy, you agreed to us visiting you.
We know your time is precious, so we won't keep you any longer than we have to. We allow around 45 minutes for each home check.
Of course. If you feel more comfortable with someone else being there with you, then that's fine. We'll always need to see the person/people named on the tenancy. If you are joint tenants and only one of you can be there, we'll call back at a later date to make sure we've seen identification for both of you.
If you have any other questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What our tenants are saying
"We had a home visit from Trevor and he was lovely. He was very polite and courteous whilst with us and explained the reason for the inspection in an easy to understand manner. It was really nice to have a friendly visit."
"I was very happy with the home check visit, it was very nice to see Nadine, she was very helpful and helped me with a referral."