Anyone can apply to join our Estate Inspections.
If you're interested in joining, we'd love to hear from you. Take a look at the information below.
Your home and surrounding community are not only important to us at Red Kite; we know they are also just as important for you as someone who lives in one of our homes or in the local area.
As a Red Kite Estate Inspector, your challenge is to scrutinise your local area, checking your neighbourhood and being our ‘eyes and ears’. You will be supported by a Red Kite employee who will be with you to help on the estate inspection. Your knowledge of the area is extremely valuable to us, and even if you don’t know the area then it’s a great chance for ‘fresh eyes’ to check out the local community and spot hidden issues or something we may have missed!
We're looking for people who care about their local community and neighbourhood, who can bring a fresh perspective, tied with valuable local knowledge which will ensure we're finding any issues and quickly resolving them. Issues will range from; untidy gardens, tree issues, fly-tipping, graffiti, rubbish, grass cutting, pathways and much more.
Level of commitment: Low
Up to two hours on a Wednesday afternoon or a Friday morning.
Skills you'll need
- Be active and relatively fit as most of these take place on foot and involve a lot of walking, often in a hilly area
- Be a pro-active person who enjoys getting out and about
- Be prepared to face the outdoors, in all weathers
- Have an eye for detail
- Be inquisitive and able to ask the right questions
- Be a great team player
- Be able to challenge
- Have a passion to improve Red Kite and your neighbourhood
- Believe in our values and live up to our behaviour standards.
How we'll support you
- We'll support you to develop your skills and knowledge
- We'll give you regular feedback to help you be as effective as possible
- We'll cover reasonable out of pocket expenses.
What you'll get out of it
- A chance to learn more about your local community
- Support from Red Kite employees
- An opportunity to give something back to your community
- A chance to really influence your local area and neighbourhood
- A sense of purpose from the work you carry out
- Clear insight into the services we provide.
What our current volunteers are saying
“I found it very useful and took a lot from the experience. I can’t wait to go on another inspection.”
A message from us
“Having our tenants on our Estate Inspections really adds value . Our tenants help us to pick up on issues and they ask insightful questions, helping us to improve what we do for the benefit of our communities.”