Buildings & contents insurance for leaseholders

Buildings insurance

As the landlord and freeholder of your building we are responsible for arranging the buildings insurance. We do this by negotiating payments which are usually lower than can be achieved by private homeowners.

The buildings insurance we take out on your behalf covers the structure of the building and includes fixtures and fittings. The policy covers incidents that are an ‘insurable peril’, which includes damage from a storm or flood but does not include anything that happens gradually such as wear and tear and leaks.

You have the right to contact the insurers directly about any claim you may need to make. If loss adjusters are involved, you will need to allow them into your home so that they can assess the damage.

Please do not arrange to have any repair work done until you have received written permission from us or the insurance company. If you go ahead with work without permission, we will not be responsible for anything not covered by the insurance.

Please remember that you will be responsible for paying the excess on the policy.

Contents insurance

It is important to remember that our buildings insurance will not cover your possessions. You are responsible for insuring the contents of your home.