Anyone who lives in one of our homes can apply to join our Major Works Group.
If you're interested in joining, we'd love to hear from you. Take a look at the information below.
- Hold staff and our contractors to account against the things they have promised to do (our Key Performance Indicators)
- Review and challenge how our major works contractors are doing when it comes to activities like standard of work, cost, and tenant satisfaction
- Consider matters such as how we measure performance, tenant feedback including complaints, health and safety reports, quality standards, work delivered, decision making, choice of materials, relevant processes/policies, and performance of our staff
- Help the business to get the best value for money from the services we provide
- Help us to innovate, think of different and improved ways of doing things, and set the vision for the future
- Support the management of the relevant service area to ensure that contractual requirements, agreed standards and appropriate tenant expectations are delivered
- Act as a scrutiny panel and challenge areas where improvement is required
- Help to set the strategic direct and vision for the service
- Influence and contribute to relevant decision making so that our tenants' views are integral to how we do things.
Level of commitment: Low
The group will meet every three months on a day and at a time that is suitable for all members. Meetings can consist of site visits or tours, or formal meetings. Meetings may take place virtually.
Skills you'll need
- Great at working as part of a team
- Confidence to speak in a group
- Passionate about people and our tenant-led approach.
How we'll support you
- You'll be supported by a member of our friendly Community Engagement team
- You'll receive comprehensive training.
We sometimes work virtually, using email and video calls to engage with our tenants. This means that you'll need access to the internet and a device, such as a computer or tablet, to meet with us and our network of tenant volunteers.
We know that not everyone has the equipment or confidence to use digital technology. We can provide support, including training and even access to devices to ensure that you can help to shape our organisation from the comfort of your home. Please don't hesitate to speak to us if you have any questions or concerns. You can reach us by emailing email@example.com or call us on 01494 476 209.
What you'll get out of it
- Build your skills - you'll receive training and experience
- Working as part of a team.
What our current volunteers are saying
"I found volunteering with Red Kite's Major Works Group very rewarding. I like the fact that I am able to contribute in decision making and knowing that people are being helped."
If you're interested in joining our Major Works Group, fill in our simple online form and we'll get back to you soon.