Before your tenancy

If you're about to become a Red Kite Community Housing tenant you should read through this information before you sign your tenancy agreement.

If you have any questions or comments about this information please let us know.

In line with current health and safety regulations, your water and gas supplies will have been turned off. As soon as you pick up the keys to your new home, you should:

  1. Contact K&T Heating: Call 020 8269 5981 to reinstate your gas boiler. (If your new home has electric heating, e.g. storage heating, you do not need to contact K&T Heating.)
  2. Reinstate your water: turn on your stopcock to reinstate the water.

If you have any questions, please contact our Relationship Advisors on 01494 476100.

In accordance with your tenant handbook, you are responsible for replacing any defective lightbulbs or fluorescent light tubes and starters in your home.

The type of light fitting in your home will vary according to the age of your home and when it was last rewired or subject to an electrical upgrade.

A number of our homes have a fluorescent tube or D lamp installed in the kitchens and bathrooms. They are called D lamps because the fluorescent tube is in the shape of a D.

The D lamps are available at all major DIY outlets.

If your bathroom or kitchen lights have closed covers then we are responsible for this - please contact the repairs team on 01494 463690 to report this.