Environmental Improvement Group
Anyone who lives in one of our homes can apply to join our Environmental Improvement Group.
If you're interested in joining, we'd love to hear from you. Take a look at the information below.
You can also see some of the improvements we've made so far.
- Make decisions in respect of allocating funding to applications made for improvements to neighbourhoods
- Play a key role in ensuring that the environment budget is allocated to projects to improve neighbourhoods and the quality of life for residents
- Assess the practicalities of each application and whether it is something that will really improve neighbourhoods
- Assess whether applications are value for money and cost effective
- Check that the applications have the support of others in the neighbourhood
- Approve or decline funding applications which request funding of £25,000 or less
- Make a recommendation to the Board for funding for applications requesting over £25,000.
Level of commitment: Low
EIG will meet at least once every two months. Meetings can consist of site visits or tours, or formal meetings which will minuted. For now, to keep us all safe, meetings will take place virtually.
Skills you'll need
You'll need to be great at working as part of a team and passionate about improving our neighbourhoods.
How we'll support you
- You’ll be supported by a member of our friendly Community Engagement team
- You'll receive comprehensive training.
We’re working virtually at the moment, using email and video calls to engage with our residents. This means that you’ll need access to the internet and a device, such as a computer or tablet, to meet with us and our network of resident volunteers.
We know that not everyone has the equipment or confidence to use digital technology. We can provide support, including training and even access to devices to ensure that you can help to shape our organisation from the comfort of home. Please don’t hesitate to speak to us if you have any questions or concerns. You can reach us by emailing email@example.com or call us on 01494 476209.
What you'll get out of it
- You'll be helping us to decide where money gets allocated, and which projects receive funding
- Build your skills - you’ll receive training and experience
- Working as part of a team.
What our current volunteers are saying
"Volunteering for Red Kite has taken me down many paths over the last nine years, all of which I have thoroughly enjoyed and learnt so much on the way. It is good to know too, that I am contributing something to the local community and my fellow tenants." - Dorothy
A message from us
Our involved tenants bring valuable experience, expertise and enthusiasm and look at every application put forward on its own merit. The Group own the process and are responsible for the approving and managing spend, so rightfully the group are active around the district visiting sites etc. A key consideration is to ensure that value for money is being achieved through the projects approved and spend agreed. As a group they have significantly and positively impacted on improving our community, and it has been a huge honour to have worked for many years alongside these dedicated and knowledgeable involved tenants. They are a credit to their community." - Ben - Repairs Manager
If you're interested in joining our Environmental Improvement Group, fill in our simple online form and we'll get back to you soon.