British steel framed homes
In late Spring 2021we started refurbishment work on our British steel framed (BISF) homes in Hardenwaye, Walton Drive, Keens Close and The Quadrant, High Wycombe.
The improvement works planned to each home include;
- New wall insulation
- Cladding to 1st floor level of home, with a render brick affect at low level
- Upgrading of structural steelwork where required to walls and roof
- New roof over the main house and outhouse
- Removal of chimneys
- New windows
- New composite doors to replace timber external doors
- New fascia, soffits, gutters and downpipes
- New canopies over front door
- Extractor fans to be installed in kitchen and bathroom where required to help eliminate any condensation issues.
The programme for all properties is planned to take approximately 18 months, with each home being complete within a four-week period.
There will be a site compound on the grassed area between Hardenway and The Quadrant whilst this work is being completed.
What happens next?
Work has started on the two pilot properties and is due to be completed in early August. We have now also started work on two further homes.
FSG Property Services Ltd, our appointed contractor, will contact residents over the next few months to share start dates for each home.
Some work has been delayed due to materials not being available because of the pandemic. We are hoping to place a bulk order soon to get us back on track!
If you have any questions or require further information please contact our Asset Manager, Peter Griffiths, via email at email@example.com.