British steel framed homes
In late Spring we will start refurbishment work on our British steel framed (BISF) homes in Hardenwaye, Walton Drive, Keens Close and The Quadrant, High Wycombe.
The improvement works planned to each home will include;
- New wall insulation
- Cladding to 1st floor level of home, with a render brick affect at low level
- Upgrading of structural steelwork where required to walls and roof
- New roof over the main house and outhouse
- Removal of chimneys
- New windows
- New composite doors to replace timber external doors
- New fascia, soffits, gutters and downpipes
- New canopies over front door
- Extractor fans to be installed in kitchen and bathroom where required to help eliminate any condensation issues.
The programme for all properties is planned to take approximately 18 months, with each home being complete within a four-week period.
There will be a site compound on the grassed area between Hardenway and The Quadrant whilst this work is being completed.
What happens next?
Works are planned to commence soon and will consist of two pilot properties being completed first to ensure that full extent of the work required to the steel frames before we roll out the project to the rest of the estate.
FSG Property Services Ltd are the appointed contractor and they will contact residents over the next few months to share start dates for each home.
Before work can start we are carrying out an engineering process to ensure we achieve value for money.
If you have any questions or require further information please contact our Asset Manager, Peter Griffiths, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.