British steel framed homes
We've successfully completed two pilot properties on Keens Close.
In late Spring 2021, we started refurbishment work on our British steel framed (BISF) homes in Hardenwaye, Walton Drive, Keens Close and The Quadrant, High Wycombe.
The improvement works planned to each home include;
- New wall insulation
- Cladding to 1st floor level of home, with a render brick affect at low level
- Upgrading of structural steelwork where required to walls and roof
- New roof over the main house and outhouse
- Removal of chimneys
- New windows
- New composite doors to replace timber external doors
- New fascia, soffits, gutters and downpipes
- New canopies over front door
- Extractor fans to be installed in kitchen and bathroom where required to help eliminate any condensation issues.
The programme for all properties is planned to take approximately 18 months, with each home being complete within a six-week period.
There will be a site compound on the grassed area between Hardenway and The Quadrant whilst this work is being completed.
What happens next?
We're pleased to announce the successful completion of our two pilot properties on Keens Close. Lessons have been learned whilst carrying out the project but both us and our tenants are happy with the finished product.
Some work has been delayed due to materials not being available because of the pandemic, but we're hopeful that we're over the worst of this and have managed to secure bulk orders of materials to prevent any further major delays.
FSG Property Services Ltd, our appointed contractor, are currently in the process of producing a document that will detail the works step by step so that all tenants who will be affected by these works will have a better understanding of the process.
If you have any questions or require further information please contact our Asset Manager, Peter Griffiths, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.