Be part of Red Kite
We are a social landlord who provide homes and services to our customers. But on top of that, we do so much more.
If you're looking for a new role, here's what's in it for you when you work at Red Kite:
- You get 26 days annual leave, together with eight UK Bank Holidays
- You don’t have to work on your birthday! We've offer a birthday bonus day :-)
- If you want to use it, you get an additional volunteering day every year to support a registered charity of your choice
- We have a great pension scheme with generous employer contribution
- And if that’s not enough time off, you can even buy more annual leave or sell some if you want a bit of extra cash!
- You’d be working for a Best Companies One to Watch organisation
- We’ve been ranked as 3rd and 11th most innovative social landlord in the UK by Inside Housing’s Dolphin Index
- It’s fun to work here - in the last 12 months alone, we’ve had a mobile fish and chip van come round for all our colleagues to enjoy, we’ve put on a Christmas market, we’ve dressed up in colourful clothes, as Star Wars characters, in retro gear for Dementia Awareness Week, our Executive Management Team cooked breakfast for everyone, we’ve all been out in the community for half a day
- You can cook up a storm for your breakfast or lunch in our fully-equipped kitchen
- Our salaries are attractive and we review them regularly
- We’ve all got Microsoft Surface devices and internet-enabled phones so that we can work remotely and flexibly
- Our colourful and spacious offices are right next to a beautiful park, on a bus route, just 2 miles from the centre of High Wycombe, meaning we're close enough to London to hop on the train
- We’ve got a Marks and Spencer, Subway, KFC, PCWorld, Tesco and a few pubs, all within walking distance
So you want a job?! Well that’s good, because we’re in the market for some new leaders to join our team.
Before we tell you why you should join us and you frantically fill out the application form in your excited state, we need to be really honest with you.
We’re not normal. Our organisation isn’t typical and our people certainly aren’t traditional. We have exceptionally high standards when it comes to our talent and we’re very picky about the personalities that we invite to join our team. There’s something about us that is sometimes hard to articulate because it’s more of a feeling, and it’s the main reason that in our very short life, we’ve achieved some quite remarkable things.
There is a lot to do at Red Kite – homes to build, companies to set up, people to motivate, a world to change – so we can’t afford to have mediocre people in our team. We’re super creative, informal but professional, impatient, ambitious and always pushing the boundaries.
We need you to really understand all those things before you apply, because we’d hate to waste your time if ultimately, our culture just isn’t for you.
So, if you’re still reading this, it means that we probably want to hear from you.
Our two new Assistant Director roles are really special because they’re responsible for a formidable Senior Management Team that’s doing brilliant things and who need additional leaders who will provide capacity to deliver our ambitions.
Have a read about the roles in the current vacancies section, get to grips with the JDs and most importantly, please take the time to understand our culture. Your appreciation of how we do things is probably more important than knowing your roles and responsibilities, so we expect you to absorb enough about us that when you come for an interview, it’s clear that you get our approach.