By continuing to browse our site, you are consenting to the use of cookies.

Seek help

Seek help logo holding hands on blue backgroundNeed medical advice?

NHS services across Buckinghamshire are still available and safe to use for health reasons other than Coronavirus. This includes hospital Emergency Departments and GP services.

Continue to attend any appointments you have, and please don’t delay in getting help and medical advice if you are unwell.

You can call your GP or NHS 111. In an emergency you should visit A&E or call 999.

See the latest NHS information and advice.

Concerned you have COVID-19?

Know the COVID-19 symptoms

  • A high temperature
  • A new, continuous cough
  • A loss of, or change to your sense of smell or taste.

If you have any of these symptoms, it’s important that you stay at home.

Worried about flu?

Check if you’re entitled to a free flu vaccination with your doctor, if you are get an appointment booked for as soon as you can. You can also pay to have one done at your local chemist, they’re usually around £12-£15 so this is worth checking out.

It’s also worth stocking up on any medications you need as flu and colds are more likely at this time of year.

Need mental health support?

Looking after your own mental health and wellbeing is important too. The NHS has some really great advice, like this five steps to mental wellbeing.

If you’re struggling with your mental health and want to talk to someone, you can ring the Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire Mental Health Helpline – it’s free and available 24/7:

  • Adults: 0800 783 0119 or 01865 904 997
  • Children and young people: 0800 783 0121 / 01865 904 998

There’s also more help available on the Healthy Minds Bucks website. You’re not alone and many people can help. Stay in regular socially distanced contact with family and friends and remember, we’re here.

Concerned about your financial wellbeing?

If you are worried about money, paying your rent or other bills, or even buying food there is lots of support available.

We can provide:

  • Rent payment advice  
  • Money management
  • Debt advice
  • Benefit advice    
  • Access to food packages 
  • Fuel poverty advice (Read our simple tips to help save energy and keep costs down)
  • If we can’t help you ourselves, we will know someone who can, and have a wide network of partners that we work with.

Find our more about how to contact our Financial Wellbeing Team.

Struggling to pay your energy bills?

If you're struggling to keep up with your energy costs, it's so important to contact your supplier, especially if you miss, or are in danger of missing a payment – they may be able to give you advice, or help you find a way to manage your payments. You might also benefit from one of the government’s schemes designed to assist people who struggle with their energy bills.

Visit the Citizen's Advice website for information on the different schemes available.

Self isolating and can't work?

If you are on a low income and have been told by the NHS Test and Trace system to self-isolate but you can’t work from home, you may qualify for a £500 Test and Trace Support Payment. Call the Test and Trace Support Payment team for your area.

  • Aylesbury area: 01296 585 858
  • Chiltern area: 01494 732 077
  • South Bucks area: 01895 837 515
  • Wycombe area: 01494 412 227

Trying to manage addiction and dependency?

If you are trying to manage your addiction and either can’t get to your usual support group or want to start your recovery journey.

One Recovery Bucks are on hand to help you and your family.

If you would like to speak to someone please call 0300 772 9672 or email

Need help supporting older family members?

Age UK Buckinghamshire are available to provide information and advice on all issues of concern to older people, their families, friends or carers. They can also help with befriending and access to other services such as help in the home.

You can get in touch with the team by visiting the Age UK website, calling 01296 431911 or emailing

Require dementia support?

We know that this is a worrying time for families looking after someone with dementia so please visit their website where there is lots of useful guidance.

You can also call the Dementia Connect Support helpline 0333 150 3456.

Looking for bereavement support?

We understand that losing a loved one is a devastating event, and the grief that comes with loss can be expressed in different ways.

To support you during this difficult time we have made a range of resources available.

Cruse Bereavement Care can help if you are struggling with the loss of a loved one or know someone that is currently in need of support, Cruse Bereavement Care are there to support you. You can talk to them about how you are feeling using their freephone helpline 0800 808 1677 or using the online chat function on their website if you prefer.

Child Bereavement UK’s helpline is available to support families who have experienced a loss – if you have lost a child, or if a child has lost a family member.

You can reach their free, confidential helpline on 0800 028 8840, Monday–Friday between 9am–5pm or you can use the live chat on their website.

Staying safe and well in hot and cold weather

We've put together lots of useful information giving hints and tips to help keep you safe during hot and cold weather.

Take a look at our extreme weather advice web page

Further information

Share Concerns

Speak Up

Partnership • Respect • Pride
Realising the potential in our communities


Red Kite Community Housing, Windsor Court, Kingsmead Business Park, High Wycombe, HP11 1JU

Red Kite Community Housing is the trading name of Red Kite Community Housing Limited, a charitable registered society which operates for the benefit of the community under the Cooperative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014, registered in England with the Financial Conduct Authority (registration number 31322R) and the Regulator of Social Housing (registration number 4682). VAT number 290 7410 06.