Springboard application criteria
The panel reviews applications four times per year and applications are reviewed by a panel comprising of Red Kite tenants (e-panel) and staff members.
- Application round opens
- Submit application form
- Application round closes
- Applications are reviewed internally
- Applications circulated to E-panel
- Formal panel meeting held
- Decision communicated to applicant.
Please note: Applicants who have received Springboard or Starting Block funding cannot reapply for any further funding from either stream within a 12-month period of funding being granted.
Before applying please be aware:
- Applications will only be considered from projects or organisations delivering in an area where Red Kite Community Housing operates. If you wish to deliver a project in another location, we will not be able to consider your application.
- The panel must have reason to believe that the funding requested will be used in line with our core values. Read more about our values.
- Applications must provide a clear breakdown of how the requested funds will be spent, with due consideration of value for money in all costings.
Examples of successful Springboard applications
- The Princes Centre: pottery classes for people with disabilities
- Youth Enquiry Service: free counselling sessions for children and young people
- Hilltop Community Centre – extension and improvement of community kitchen.
Applications will not be considered in the following circumstances
- Incomplete applications or applications that do not clearly explain what the project or activity is. All applications must include a detailed project plan and budget
- Projects where beneficiaries are connected to Red Kite Community Housing Employees or Board Members when this has not been declared first
- Projects that may bring reputational risk to Red Kite Community Housing
- Applicants who are in serious breach of their Red Kite Group tenancy agreement or lease, or display conduct which is damaging to the association
- Previous funding recipients who have outstanding feedback data to submit. Please get in touch with the Resident and Community Engagement Team via email@example.com if you aren’t sure if this applies to you
- Red Kite funding cannot be used to support any party-political activities or activities promoting a religious or political belief
- The fund will not support gaps created in local Government funded services but will consider applications to support new community projects delivered by key partners that are now or have previously been recipients of local government funding.