Conservation village week with Chiltern Rangers
10 October 2016
On October 24th and 25th, Chiltern Rangers will be visiting our sheltered scheme at Barrowcroft. Chiltern Rangers are a local, not-for-profit organisation who we've supported previously - they do great work in the community, most recently cleaning up parts of the Wye river through their 'Young Roots' project.
Over two days, they will be working on a whole bunch of projects to improve Barrowcroft for the wildlife, the people who live there and anyone who passes by. Some of what they'll be doing includes:
- River tree thinning to bring light levels back towards optimum for river health
- Putting together a green art installation wall
- River side wildflower pollinator meadow
- Improving the area for local wildlife including bluebell planting
- Filming their work
- Making art
- Bird and bat box making and painting
- Camp fire cooking
In order to do our part in helping out, members of Red Kite staff will be going along to help make a difference to the local area. If you'd like to come along and help out, Chiltern Rangers will be there from 11am to 3pm on both the 24th and 25th October. Turn up for what's set to be two great afternoons of satisfying work, creative art making and camp cooked food!
You can find out more about Chiltern Rangers on their website.