Our tenants and leaseholders can apply to join our Procurement Group.
If you're interested in joining, we'd love to hear from you. Take a look at the information below.
As a tenant or a leaseholder, you have the best view of what's important to you and your neighbours when it comes to the work we do to your homes and your neighbourhoods. We think that you're in prime position to understand what we need from a contractor and will make the right choice when we're looking for a contractor to do the work.
We have a need for lots of different contractors who provide services including cleaning, grounds maintenance, repairs, IT and even recruitment. We need to know that all of our new contracts will take into account the needs and priorities of our customers and will provide best value.
The only way we can make sure this happens is to have a team of trained tenants and leaseholders who really do have their finger on the pulse and are involved throughout the process. We want tenants and leaseholders making decisions from the very beginning ensuring that the needs and priorities of our customers are taken into account and that our money will be spent in the right places.
You'll work as a team to:
- Write the specification for new Red Kite contracts ensuring that it includes the needs and priorities of our customers and offers best value for money too
- Check the pre-qualifying questionnaires to see who fits the bill and who doesn’t
- Challenge and score the returned tenders
- Interview potential new contractors to see if they have the ability to meet our tenant-led standards
- Talk to others who have experienced the potential Contractors services to find out what they really think about them
- Make a recommendation to the Board about which contractor should be awarded the contract.
Level of commitment: Medium
You'll come to meetings when a new contract is due to be renewed and read reports and paperwork before meetings and come prepared with comments. You'll also attend training sessions and carry out site visits. For now, to keep us all safe, meetings will take place virtually.
Skills you'll need
- Interested in improving services and making a difference
- Interested in putting together and reviewing contracts
- Interested in working with budgets
- Have a passion to improve Red Kite and the lives of our customers
- Have an eagerness to learn
- Love working as a team
- Have courage to challenge and support others
- Be confident to contribute in meetings
- Believe in our values and live up to our behaviour standards
How we'll support you
- We'll support you to develop your skills and knowledge through a variety of training opportunities
- We'll give you regular feedback to help you be as effective as possible on the group
- We'll listen to your views.
What you'll get out of it
- A fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and improve your CV
- Free training and all the help and support you need to develop talents that can be used in many different jobs
- No holds barred’ experience by working with our experts and picking up some of their knowledge along the way
- A chance to give something back to your community by acting as a tenant champion and ensuring that the needs and priorities of tenants are recognised
- A chance to really influence the way we shape our services
- A sense of purpose from the work you carry out.
What our current volunteers are saying
"I enjoy being on the core procurement group because it is very interesting and also fulfilling, we are choosing contractors for the residents it is hard work but it keeps the old brain working!" - Hazel
A message from us
"Tenant involvement is crucial for our services to run efficiently. Our volunteers help bring insightful and valued input when we complete tenders for new contracts and are equally involved in the decision making process. We have a great amount of high quality contractors who work with Red Kite, helping our residents every day. This is thanks to our great tenant volunteers." - Sam Taylor-Green, Junior Contracts Specialist
If you're interested in joining our Procurement Group, fill in our simple online form and we'll get back to you soon.