Major Works Group
Anyone who lives in one of our homes can apply to join our Major Works Group.
If you're interested in joining, we'd love to hear from you. Take a look at the information below.
- Hold staff and our contractors to account against the things they have promised to do (our Key Performance Indicators)
- Review and challenge how our major works contractors are doing when it comes to activities like standard of work, cost and customer satisfaction
- Consider matters such as how we measure performance, customer feedback including complaints, health and safety reports, quality standards, work delivered, decision making, use of choice of materials, relevant processes/policies and performance of our staff
- Help the business to get the best value for money from the services we provide
- Help us to innovate, thing of different and improved ways of doing things, and set the vision for the future
- Support the management of the relevant service area to ensure that contractual requirements, agreed standards and appropriate tenant expectations are delivered
- Act as a scrutiny panel and challenge areas where improvement is required
- Help to set the strategic direct and vision for the service
- Influence and contribute to relevant decision making so that our customers views are integral to how we do things.
Level of commitment: Low
The group will meet every three months on a day and at a time that is suitable for all members. Meetings can consist of site visits or tours, or formal meetings. For now, to keep us all safe, meetings will take place virtually.
Skills you'll need
- Great at working as part of a time
- Confidence to speak in a group
- Passionate about people and our tenant-led approach.
How we'll support you
- You’ll be supported by a member of our friendly Community Engagement team
- You'll receive comprehensive training.
What you'll get out of it
- Build your skills - you’ll receive training and experience
- Working as part of a team.
What our current volunteers are saying
"I found Volunteering with Red kite Major Works team very rewarding. I like the fact that I am able to contribute in decision making and knowing that people are being helped." - Daffodil
A message from us
"Our Major Works Group is of huge value to us as an Asset Stem. Their involvement is a crucial part of ensuring that we truly deliver what is right for our tenants in their homes.
We continuously seek improvements which include the performance of our contractors through this group. This year has been more important than ever working with our tenants as they are at the core of our service, making sure that there is no risk from the work that we and our contractors do in and around our communities. This has been possible from the influential involvement from our groups." - Kara - Asset and Land Manager
If you're interested in joining our Major Works Group, fill in our simple online form and we'll get back to you soon.