Anyone who lives in one of our homes can apply to join our Interview Panel.
If you're interested in joining, we'd love to hear from you. Take a look at the information below.
When you sit on one of our interview panels, you'll start off by having a briefing with the recruiting manager, who will tell you about the role, what we're looking for, and our recruitment plans. You'll then discuss the best way for you to be involved which is normally by joining the interview panel. Sometimes there may be opportunity to be part of the assessment exercise.
As part of the recruiting panel you'll interact with candidates and score them against agreed criteria, and together with the rest of the panel make recruitment decisions.
Level of commitment: Low
A day or two will be needed when we interview someone for a new job here at Red Kite. For now, to keep us all safe, interviews will take place virtually.
Skills you'll need
- Great at working as part of a team
- Confidence to speak in a group
- Passionate about people and our tenant-led approach.
How we'll support you
- You’ll be supported by a member of our friendly Community Engagement team
- Comprehensive training on recruitment panels, equality and diversity, data protection and interviewing skills
- Working with recruiting managers to gain experience.
What you'll get out of it
- Build your skills - you’ll receive training and experience
- Working as part of a team
- Having a say about who works at Red Kite - ensuring that we employ colleagues who fit with our culture.
What our current volunteers are saying
"Volunteering for Red Kite Housing is a win/win situation. We get the enjoyment and satisfaction of contributing and they get the benefit of our effort and experience. Attending interviews is just one area where our participation can have a positive influence on successful recruitment." - David.
A message from us
"Tenant involvement in our interview panels is an important element to the success of our recruitment. They bring valuable experience, expertise and insight, which is crucial to us in our decision making. They're an asset to our processes and we're grateful that we're able to work closely with them." - Subrina - HR Advisor
If you're interested in joining our Interview Panel, fill in our simple online form and we'll get back to you soon.