Programme of improvements
Where your home qualifies for improvement work, we will write to you nearer the time to let you know. We also have a consultation document that sets out how you should expect to find out and be consulted about the work before it happens. Read that here: Planned Maintenance Consultation Standard
Please make sure you also read the information below, which will help answer some of the questions you might have about when we will do the work.
When will improvements be carried out to my home?
Now that our transfer promises are coming to an end and we have delivered thousands of new kitchens, bathrooms, electrical and boiler upgrades and new windows, we will carrying out new programmes of work as and when they need to happen. We will write to you nearer the time and give you plenty of notice before any work takes place.
For your information, the improvements that we made as part of our promises were carried out on the following basis:
- we will replace all kitchens when they are 25 years old
- we will give you a choice of many of the materials to be used in your kitchen.
- we will replace all bathrooms in our homes when they are 30 years old, and the same will apply if there is a separate or additional toilet
- we will give you a choice of many of the materials to be used in your bathroom.
- we will replace boilers every 12 years
- we will replace the total gas central heating system about every 30 years
For windows and doors:
- we will fit double-glazed windows and external doors to all homes that need them by 2016
If you have a specific question about work to your home, please contact us.
Leaseholder investment programme
Before we became Red Kite, we told tenants and leaseholders that we would be carrying out extensive major works to our housing and estates. To find out more about the Leaseholder investment programme, visit our 'Leaseholder investment programme' page.