Neighbourhood and Environmental improvements
We have promised a sum of £400,000 each year over five years (until April 2017) to be spent on neighbourhood and environmental improvements. Using this funding, we've been able to really make a difference to the places our customers live.
What is a neighbourhood or environmental improvement?
A neighbourhood or environmental improvement is something which improves the quality of life for our customers, as well as the local community. Examples could be things like:
- Improved external lighting and security lighting repairs to walkways, pathways and other hard landscaping
- Enhanced landscaping features around homes
- Improved rubbish storage and disposal systems
- Installed mobility scooter storage
- Improved car parking for our residents
- Improved recycling facilities
What have you done so far?
Over the years, we've completed a wide range of projects to improve the places where our customers live. We've included pictures below of some of these projects!
Play area at Gayhurst Road
Improving the parking at Laburnham Road
How do I apply?
You need to complete this form: Neighbourhood and Environmental Improvement Application Form and return it to us. Before you do this however, you should:
- Have a chat with one of our Experience Specialists to see what they think about the suggestion and whether it fits with the long term investment priorities for the community.
- Think about the practicalities – is it something that will really improve your neighbourhood? Do you think it really is feasible? Would it be cost effective?
- Contact other tenants, leaseholders and members of the community to see if they support your suggestion. If you need some help doing this, please let us know.