By continuing to browse our site, you are consenting to the use of cookies.

Handyperson Scheme

What is the scheme?

Your Tenancy Agreement states that as a tenant, you are responsible for maintaining your own home and keeping it in good order. While we are responsible for carrying out some repairs to your home, you also need to make sure that the repairs you are responsible for are carried out. The Handyperson Scheme is available if you need help because you are unable to manage some repairs or need some assistance. It is not for carrying out general repairs. Working with one of our local contractors, we can offer help with minor DIY work such as hanging pictures or building flat pack furniture etc.

How does it work?

As a tenant, you pay the cost of the work, inclusive of VAT. This scheme is only available to tenants who are over 60 years of age or have a registered disability, or have a referral from a GP and are unable to arrange through family members or close friends for works to be carried out. You are eligible for up to a maximum of £300 worth of work through this scheme in any 12 month period and can only access the scheme twice in a 12 month period.

If you would like to apply

If you need help and support and you would like to apply for this service, please complete this application form at the bottom of this page.

To decide if we can offer this service, we need to understand the reasons why you need support through this scheme.

You could be eligible for this scheme, if you meet any of the following criteria:

  • You are over 60 years old
  • You are registered disabled or can be classified as disabled/vulnerable
  • You are in receipt of a means tested benefit in addition to Housing Benefit (disability for this purpose includes a chronic medical condition which stops you carrying out physical jobs)
  • You have a referral or support from a doctor or medical professional confirming you are unable to carry out physical work
  • You have no immediate support that can help with redecoration (any family or friends within a 30 mile radius who could help)
  • You are not subject to a possession order
  • You owe no more than £100 in rent arrears or have any other debt to us
  • You must not have started preserved right to buy proceedings

If you need more information, have an issues with the form below or would like a physical version of the form, please contact us by email at If you'd prefer to contact us another way, you can find all our contact information on our 'Contact Us' page.

Handyperson Scheme Application form


Partnership • Respect • Pride
Excellent services for you and your community

Best Companies logo

Red Kite Community Housing, Windsor Court, Kingsmead Business Park, High Wycombe, HP11 1JU

Red Kite Community Housing is a charitable registered society which operates for the benefit of the community under the Cooperative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014. VAT registration number 123147939.