Making changes to your property
Red Kite leaseholders can apply to us to make changes to your flat such as moving an internal wall or replacing the heating. We will not withhold permission unreasonably. If you do not ask for permission you will be breaking the conditions of your lease and you could lose your home. You may also have to pay for the cost of reinstatement.
As we are the freeholder of the block in which you live we are responsible for the structure and exterior including window frames. You therefore have to ask for permission to install replacement windows to their flats.
We will usually have no objections and will grant permission, subject to the following conditions:
- You submit the specification of the proposed replacement windows for approval by us
- The specifications must comply with current British Standards and codes of practice
- The proposed windows must have similar configuration to the existing windows and will usually be in white
- Installation is carried out by a recognised contractor
- You meet the total cost of installation
- If the windows require maintenance or replacement in the future, we will charge the full cost of such works to you and will not spread the cost between the number of flats in the block (this could include scaffolding costs)
- You will be charged a proportion of the costs of replacing communal windows and any exterior painting costs
Aerials and satellite dishes
If you would like to put up an aerial or a satellite dish please contact us to ask for permission. If you live in a purpose built block of flats we do not allow the erection of individual aerials or satellite dishes.