Improvements to your home!
After months of surveying your homes and putting all the findings together in one place, we now have a detailed plan for the work we’ll be doing over the next four years to improve where you live.
To read all the important information in one place and print off the document so you can keep it somewhere handy, download our step-by-step guide to improvement works here:
Please note that where we show you a map of the work in the first year, this will only apply if your home is entitled to the work...please check using the step-by-step guide in this document!
You will probably remember that when we became your landlord in December 2011, we made lots of promises to you about what we would do to make your homes better. Well the survey of your homes that started in April 2011 was the start of us keeping to those promises and we’re about to start the most exciting part – actually doing the work!
Based on what the survey told us, we have worked out what we need to do to bring your homes up to our Red Kite Standard and in what order. Some of you will have old kitchens, bathrooms, doors, windows and boilers that just aren’t up to the job anymore, while others might have a need for some work doing in the near future, but not right away.
Our gift to you this Christmas is being able to read the plan for all this great work, which includes new kitchens, bathrooms, windows, doors and boilers. Before you read the plan though, there are a few things that you need to know:
- The most up-to-date plan will always be here on our website, so please refer to this version instead of any others as this will change and the plan will be updated
- Getting value for money is one of our top priorities so we will always try to deliver this for you – it means that what we offer you in the first few years might not be the same as what’s available later on because we might be able to get something better for you or of an equivalent quality that is more cost effective
- Choices for things like cupboards, handles and flooring will be made by you as tenants and leaseholders, there are many other choices that we will discuss with you depending on the works planned
- This work and the order it is happening is based on findings from the survey – we accessed more than 90% of your homes and if we couldn’t get into a home, we have based the information on what we gathered from neighbouring homes. Generally, we are working on a ‘worst first’ basis, so we have prioritised our plans in this way
- We do intend to carry out work to as many properties in as many areas as possible, but we won’t be able to deliver this work to every home straight away.
This plan covers the promises that we made for the first five years from transfer. After this time, we will re-look at our properties and put together new programmes of work to make sure we continue to improve your homes.
We’ve been clear from the very beginning that not everyone will get improvements within the first few years, but at some point work will be carried out in every home. As detailed in the Offer Document (Housing transfer offer document [pdf] 5MB), your home needs to fit into a certain set of criteria, which you can see here: Am I entitled to the work?
If you can’t see your road name or think you haven’t been included in the plan, there could be a few reasons. Take a look at this simple diagram and follow it through to see how we’ve worked out the details in the plan: How we worked it out
If you live in the Chairborough Road or Pettifer Road flats in the Castlefields area, please read this page for more information: I live in Castlefields
If you live in a sheltered scheme, please read this page for more information: I live in a sheltered scheme
Thinking about all those things, please read the plan here: Delivering our promises - step-by-step.pdf[pdf] 1MB
For now, the easiest way to see how you’re going to benefit is by searching for your road name. Once you’ve found it, have a look across each column and you will be able to see the type of work that will be completed, eg new kitchens, bathrooms windows, doors and boilers, and which year it will happen.
We will keep updating this page with more details as and when they become available, eg project manager contact details and what will be provided under each programme, so please keep checking.