The estate services team is made up of:
- seven estate wardens who carry out the day-to-day work on the estates
- Estate Warden Supervisor
- ASB Manager.
Our estate wardens have an important role in maintaining clean, attractive and safe estates for our tenants and leaseholders. Their work includes cleaning stairwells, communal areas and the areas where bins are stored on a weekly basis.
The team aims to:
- make sure we have clean, attractive neighbourhoods and encourage residents to recycle
- work with the community and community groups to improve the appearance of housing estates
- make sure animals do not cause environmental damage or nuisance on estates and refer infestations onto the council's Pest Control Service
- identify those responsible for unauthorised dumping and environmental damage and take appropriate action against them
- make sure all of our residents living in general needs flats with communal stairs and landings (not sheltered housing), receive a service tailored to that particular area
- work with residents and other agencies to help ensure tenancies are successful and sustainable.
Our estate wardens' duties include
- cleaning bin areas where bins are stored
- health and safety checks of large sites and regular checks of the smaller blocks
- reporting communal repairs
- cleaning of communal entrance areas, stairways and handrails (This does not include the landing area directly outside of the property)
- removing bulky items of rubbish fly-tipped on estates managed by the estate services team.
If you live in a block of flats, other duties include:
- checking door entry systems and lighting and reporting any faults
- replacing light bulbs in communal areas
- cleaning entrance halls and staircases
- checking rubbish chutes for blockages and bin areas for overflowing rubbish.
We will soon be able to show you an estate services service standards leaflet. Check back soon!
As part of our service commitment, we plan to undertake regular inspections of our estates to make sure they are maintained to a good standard.
An estate inspection is an inspection of the exterior and communal parts, facilities and grounds of an estate made up of blocks of flats and houses.
Estate inspections are an essential part of our work to make sure that estate management issues, health and safety issues and general estate issues are identified, progressed and resolved as quickly as possible.
We are working on an estate inspection timetable. Check back here soon!
Monitoring our service
We plan to monitor our standards and objectives through:
- regular customer surveys
- new electronic software to monitor work and potential problem areas
- estate inspections.
Report issues to your estate warden
If you have an issue you would like to report directly to your estate warden, such as cleaning issues in your block, please complete the below form: