Red Kite is a new tenant-led, not for profit, charitable housing organisation. We are registered with the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) who will monitor and regulate what we do to make sure that we meet the standards for managing and maintaining homes. Wycombe District Council will also be monitoring what we do. You as tenants and leaseholders will have a really important role in making sure that we keep to the promises that were made in the Housing transfer Offer Document and we have lots of ways that you can get involved to help make sure that this happens.
We manage around 6700 properties which were transferred from the Council on 12th December 2011. These are mainly on estates in the urban centres of High Wycombe, Princes Risborough and Marlow, with others on estates in rural areas such as Lane End, Stokenchurch and Bourne End.
Read a copy of our rules here: Red Kite rules 2013.pdf [pdf] 2MB
About one third of our housing stock is for older people. We have 34 sheltered housing schemes for people over the age of 60 which are located across the district. Click on a map below to see where our properties are located:
What is tenant-led?
Tenant-led means that tenants and leaseholders truly are at the heart of what we do. Tenants are the largest constituent group on the Board which consists of six tenants, one leaseholder, three Wycombe District Council nominees and five independent members.
Our vision, mission and values
Our vision: "excellent services for you and your community"
together, we will:
- Provide excellent quality affordable homes to the highest standards
- Work to ensure responsive, value for money services that deliver successful outcomes and are transparent
- Develop new and creative ways of working that respect all views, benefit communities and encourage involvement at a local level
together, we will :
- Work in Partnership. (Red Kite will work with tenants, leaseholders, the wider community and staff; communicating and working in a fair and open way, building trust and mutual respect in all we do)
- Respect each other. (Red Kite will value its tenants, leaseholders and staff and be supportive, efficient and flexible in all we do)
- Create Pride. (Red Kite will be innovative; creative; invest wisely and work to the highest standards, portraying excellence and pride in all we do)